Jase

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Jax

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

House update

For our house "groupies" out there, I thought I'd bring you up to speed with our progress!

So far, we have our siding painted (don't ask me what color, because I have no clue) a brownish/gray color, sheet rock hung and should be finished, ready for interior paint colors to be selected (we'll discuss that in a bit), and the tongue and grove on the ceiling of the front/back porch was stained last week (WOW looks great).
Next week they will be laying the brick, hardwood floors/tile and pouring the garage floor! Then painting!

Now, what you've been waiting for...


View of back of the house


A view of the ceiling on the front porch


View of front door while standing in the living room (by the fire place)


Stairs heading up to the bonus room


Two handsome boys in our living room


The living room from the backdoor view


The bonus room


Our Bedroom


Look at this view from our back porch! Ahhh...I can sense many nights just lounging!


And the sign...We'll be living on Deer Valley Dr


Another view of the awesome ceiling!


So, back to this interior paint stuff...It's so easy to become overwhelmed when you pick up a color wheel (should be called a color encyclopedia if you ask me)! I know what I want, but finding it in that "wheel" is like looking for a needle in a hay stack!

So here's the "wheel" and the color on the paper is the "golden yellow" color that I want in my kitchen, 1/2 bath, & laundry room.



So Monday night I was at my parents and we looked at this "wheel" for a long time. We went next door to see her neighbors "red" kitchen and left and was still frustrated! If I could see what I want, I would know immediately! But this little square may not look good on a big wall! So I finally gave up and went to give Jax a bath. While dressing this little wiggle worm, I looked around and said "Mom, Come HERE! These are the colors that I want in my house!" It was right in front of my face! They all "flow" and will look nice! So, my new adventure is to match this pillow sham...gold color in the kitchen, burnt orange in the dining room, khaki in the living room, and the dark brown in our bedroom. It won't be that dark...



As you can see, we are very excited and I think we have alot to be excited about! We have an amazing builder who has made this process very easy! I would do it all over again...in several years! Not any time soon!!!!!

Well, I'm back with a little update...went to lunch with my hubby and he had our cabinet sample (just the color - not this particular style - but close) so we headed over to the Granite Warehouse and met with a sweet lady to pick out our granite! It's all coming together!

2 comments:

  1. Your house is AMAZING Jill!!! It is coming along just perfectly. I know you will have many years of happy memories here. The colors you chose are some of my favorites esp. if they come close to matching the sham. Can't wait to see in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alley! We'll have you over in just a few weeks (well maybe months). So glad your following along with us!

    ReplyDelete