Jase

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Jax

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A little late

I realize that it is the 21st day of the new year, but still not too late to let you know some of my new years resolutions that I hope to change my life forever - not just a year.

1. I am going to work on being a better wife. I want to speak kindly and respectfully to my husband. This past year, I felt horrible most of the time and poor Jason took the brunt of that. I know that being pregnant in the Summer time is not for me...and I know he agrees. We have made a start by moving Jase out of our room! Yep...he is sleeping in his own bed! I want to go on a date with Jason on a monthly basis - just me and him- and not talk about the kids.

2. I want to grow closer to God. I want to study his word and feel confident in sharing his word. I want to become more active in our Church and I want to bring those who do not have a relationship with God to church with me. I want to pray daily for those who have requested prayer and I want Jason and I to pray together daily.

3. I want to be a better friend. I have so many people who love and care for me and my time feels like it is stretched thin. I want to work on those relationships that I no longer have with friends that mean so much to me. I want to be there for my friends when I am needed - even when I don't know what to say or do. I want them to feel loved and cared for.

4. I want to get in shape! I am not setting a goal of weight loss (even though I have lost 4lbs since January 4!!!) I want to walk daily and eventually start running - with my hubby! I want to eat healthy - more meals cooked at home.

5. I struggle with having to work a full time job and be a part time mommy! So I want to take advantage of my time with my kids and love every minute of it. When Jax came along, I realized that I need to relish every minute because Jase has grown so fast and I am wondering where the time has gone??? I want to become more patient and loving with my boys. I want them to know that I love them more than life itself and would do what I could for them.

6. I want to be a better daughter/DIL. My parents have never failed me and I feel like I have gotten so busy in my life that I have "failed" them. Mom and I used to shop or do lunch every weekend. Then Jase got a little older and now Jax...so my goal is to do lunch with my mom one a week. I miss the relationship we once had! I know I could make major improvements at being a DIL. I want my in-laws to know that I love them and love that they gave me such an amazing man who loves his family so much.

7. I've never done this before...but I want to be the best aunt I can be for my new niece/nephew! I remember how much I adored my aunt Jerri. I loved her so much (and still do) and have so many childhood memories with her. I want to shower that baby with lots of love.

8. I want to do things weekly with Kevin and Heidi (and new baby). Jase loves them so much and they obviously love him too. There is nothing like family. My goal is to cook for them once a month and shower them with lots of love when Baby Moses arrives.

9. I want out of debt!!!! Goal is to not spend money that I shouldn't be spending - I can hear Jason saying "It's about time!" I do not want to go to walmart unless I have a list with my coupons!

10. I want to learn how to coupon better. I went through the class when I was expecting - but didn't learn the trick. So, my plan is to attend another class and get started. I want to SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!!!!

I also want to make a few other changes - going back to school to earn my Masters. And follow my dreams. Those of you reading this know exactly what I am talking about. I have a few more years to make this dream a reality! So please join me in prayer for the items above and making my dreams a reality. I'll be praying for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment