Jase

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Jax

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Anxiously waiting

Well the title says it all. We are in the second week of November and still not sure about our closing date (AKA Move in date). I got some disappointing but reassuring news today. The painters were supposed to be there painting this week, and everyday Jason would call me and say "Nope no painting today, just a guys sanding." So today I called the "Painter" and he advised that they were delayed because he wasn't happy with the work from the Sheetrock crew. Well, it's really hard to be "mad" when someone has the best interest in your home, so I'll just say I was really bummed. That means we are pushed out yet another week. I feel so sad right now, but like I said I'm thankful that he didn't overlook a bad job.

As I drove down Pitts Rd I passed a "worker" truck and it was a Gutter company. I was on the phone with Marti, my BF, and said I wonder if I have gutters on my house? Well, we got gutters today! They look really nice, I should have snapped a photo but forgot! And you really don't care what my gutters look like!

Met with the shelving guy today and wow we should have a really nice Master closet. We told him like 3 times that we were on a tight budget and didn't think that the "wood" shelving would be within our budget, but he insisted so we shall see. This has been a fun process but as the title reads, we are anxiously awaiting the day we are in our home and making new memories!

So next week it looks like we'll be painting and maybe finishing the hardwood floors? Not sure, but will just keep looking forward to the move in date.

1 comment:

  1. Aww - I know how bummed you are about adding another week to the wait, but it will be worth it when your house is done and it is perfect! You are right...it is better to be done correct right now and everything will be perfect!!! Because you got to pick it out! :) Hopefully you will be settled in by Christmas!!! We can't wait!

    ReplyDelete